Alessandro Cardozo – cavaquinho
Charlles da Costa – 6-string guitar
Netinho Albuquerque – pandeiro
Paulão (7 cordas) – 7-string guitar
Suggestion on how to use the accompaniment pack:
The accompaniment packs are basically a collection of audio tracks and music scores with an emphasis on a specific accompaniment instrument: cavaco, 6-string guitar or 7-string guitar.
For example, a cavaco pack contains:
- audio track with pandeiro, cavaco and solo instrument
- audio track with pandeiro and solo instrument
- the full audio track with all instruments
- audio track with all instruments except cavaco
- C score with bass transcription for the choro
We have added the complete transcription of the 6-string guitar realization in a score (numbered chords, chord voicing and rhythm patterns, conventions, etc) to the 6-string guitar pack. We have included the tablature (TAB) to the score in addition to the formal musical notation.
1) Listen to the full track, following the score(s) to get acquainted with the choro form, harmony, breaks, dynamics, rhythm, conventions, etc.
2) With the audio containing only pandeiro, your instrument and solo, dive into the execution specifics of the instrument by the master player of our original recording. Lower the tempo, loop difficult segments, etc, until you get it. The volume of the solo instrument has been slightly decreased, so you can clearly observe all the nuances of the original instrument performance.
3) Now play the instrument part yourself with the pandeiro and solo track.
4) When you feel you have it in your fingers, you can use the track with all instruments minus the instrument to have the full experience.
It is important to mention that you will always find the best choro musicians and choro ensembles from Brazil in our recordings. You can see the bio and picture of the base musicians on this page.
Paulão 7 cordas
Paulo Roberto Pereira Araújo started his musical studies as a child. In 1976 joined the ensemble of the mandolinist Walter Moura as a guitar player and later on as a 7-string guitar player. In 1980 he joined the ensemble “Naquele Tempo,” and participated in recordings and shows with great samba players in Rio de Janeiro. In the 1990s he became producer and artistic director of CDs, DVDs and shows. Paulão 7 cordas is currently the musical director and guitar player of the singer and composer Zeca Pagodinho.
Charles da Costa
Guitar player and member of Silvério Pontes and Zé da Velha choro ensemble for more than 10 years. In the last 7 years, Charles has been accompanying singer and composer Luiz Melodia in tours in Brazil and abroad and participated in the last CD and DVD of Luiz Melodia called “Estação Melodia.” Charles had the opportunity to play with Beth Carvalho, Grupo Fundo de Quintal and Elza Soares, among others.
Cavaquinho player and composer, Alessandro started his career at 8 years old. For more than 10 years he has been actively playing with Zé da Velha (trombone) and Silvério Pontes (trumpet). In the last 7 years, Alessandro has been accompanying singer and composer Luiz Melodia in tours in Brazil and abroad and participated in the last CD and DVD of Luiz Melodia called “Estação Melodia.” Alessandro has played with Beth Carvalho, Grupo Fundo de Quintal and Elza Soares, among others.
Born in Duque de Caxias (state of RJ), Netinho is the nephew of master Jorginho do Pandeiro, who has also been his professor. He started playing the pandeiro at age 13 and from that point on, has played with many groups and singers such as: Dna. Ivone Lara, Luiz Melodia, Guilherme de Brito, Ademilde Fonseca, Violeta Cavalcante, Beth Carvalho, Conjunto Época de Ouro, Nó em pingo D’Água and Elton Medeiros, among others.